Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A sad message from a friend

Yesterday, we received a message from a friend on Facebook.  I have "known" this woman for many years, but like a lot of my cyber-friends, we have never met in person.  She had been absent from the cyber world, and I knew that she had been in the hospital , awaiting treatment for lymphoma.  She had been looking at a stem cell transplant.  I thought that she was off-line because of the treatment.  Yesterday's email gave us the sad news that she is losing her battle.  Her message was full of love and courage.  She is making plans for her final days with determination.  She said she hopes she makes it to the New Year.  I pray she does. 

I was thinking about the screen name she used in the chat-room where we met.  We are all fans of the band America.  She chose the song "To each his own"  The lyric running through my head right now is "I'm gonna miss you, yes I will. No matter who you are I love you still"

Please send love, prayers or just good thoughts out to my friend Maggie and her family.

3 comments:

  1. Strength and hugs to you all Robyn, there are some online friends whose friendships are very real; it's just as hard to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin my long time peter buddy has been Rosie over 12 yrs I've met get twice. Her kids are grown had grandkids. if anything happened to her oh man in so sensitive as it is. my prays her way an to u to.
      Luiza

      Delete
  2. Robin When my brother died, one of the people he knew online told me that the whole day after he found out he was in a bad mood. His wife asked him at the end of the day if he was in that mood because he was sad about his friend. He realized that even though he had never met my brother, he was as much a friend as the ones he knew. That statement has stayed in my heart since then. I am sorry that your friend is losing her battle. She will be in your heart for ever too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!