Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday

Shouldn't Sunday be a day of rest?  No rest for the wicked, as they say.  I find myself super busy this Sunday- SO busy in fact it is Noon- almost 1 and I am just now sitting down at the computer to think about things.  Making granola and doing laundry. The housework fairies must be on strike. 

We did not go down to Expo Park last night to see the Shuttle.  GOOD thing, as of 9:30 this morning it was still on the street.  Typical LA traffic!  No wonder people leave Dodger games early.  We all decided to wait until it gets settled in then go down to see it.  Probably in about six months.  We wound up watching a movie-Pythagoras-last night.  Weird movie.  Plot holes so big you could drive a semi through them. It looks like the beginning of a new "series" of films, it links to the "Alien" and "Predator" films- it's the prequel.    I never was a big fan of slimy monsters, but the cinematography was interesting.  I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how they did certain effects.

Yesterday afternoon, we were treated to an hour of Hawaiian (and other) music with Shawn Ishimoto.  We love Shawn and it was nice to hear him in the "intimate" setting of the Pacoima Branch Library.  I used to work there, in the old building.  It was fun to be in the branch and NOT be working.

I got an email about a band that is worth checking out "Winter People".  They are from Australia and will be in Silverlake on October 25.  UNFORTUNATELY I will not be able to go that night.  I have something to do that cannot be changed.   Sigh. I REALLY wanted to go. Check them out. They have a Facebook page.

1 comment:

Comment Away, but please be respectful!