Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday morning- nothing much in my head!

I usually look at the news first thing, but I haven't even gotten there.  To say the least, I am distracted this morning.  Too much on my plate.  I need to learn to slow down, to just breathe.  It's hard these days.  Things are flying at me so fast, I feel like I am playing dodgeball.  I need to remember my mantra "Just do what comes next."  People who are happiest seem to be able to live in the moment.  I need to slow it down and remember how to do that!

I am looking forward to the weekend, but WHO ordered the weather this week?  Hot as heck one day, rainy and humid the next.  I don't know how to dress.  The other day I left the house and went back for my raincoat.  THEN it got sunny.... Oh my.

I woke up this morning, for some reason, thinking about the very first Rock show I went to, James Taylor.  The Section opened for them, in what I seem to recall was their very first public performance.  I remember Danny Kortchmar saying he had been throwing up backstage ( there's a HUGE case of TMI) and thinking "I hope that doesn't continue ONSTAGE. "  I was thirteen.  It was wonderful and magical and very exciting!  I still get a thrill, going to concerts, over 40 years later.  I love when the houselights go out and the band ambles onto the stage.  For bands I know, I try to guess what the opening song will be.  It's still fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!