Sunday, October 28, 2012

Elections and angry people

I can hardly wait for this election to be over.  I am tired of people calling me names or implying I am an idiot or will be sorry if I don't vote the way they do.  Whatever happened to civil discourse, the RIGHT to disagree?  Thomas Payne said "I may not agree with what you say, but I defend to the death your right to say it."  I TRY my best to remain civil, but some people just manage to push my buttons and no matter how I try to deflect the discussion, they seem to want to press their case.  So, finally and for the record- I am voting for President Obama.  No nastygram, no email , no blog, no posted meme is going to change that. So STOP.  I have a right to vote my convictions and will exercise that right on November 6.  I am certain you will do the same.  I hope you vote.  We have a precious gift in this country; we are able to go to the polls and vote.  We are able to openly disagree with the direction of our government and to make our opinions known, both in Community forums and in the poling place.  We do not live in fear of being hauled off to jail- except if you advocate killing someone in public office as a means of getting rid of them.  So vote.  Just don't try to tell me what to think.  If you know me, you know that's not going to get you very far.

1 comment:

Comment Away, but please be respectful!