Thursday, October 18, 2012

Interesting Days

I always say "The Fun never stops at the Fun Factory"  when I am at work. Yesterday was case in point. I never know what is going to be going on and answering the phone can be an adventure.  First thing out of the box yesterday was a call from a branch where a large glass wall has shattered into a zillion pieces.  This was an interior divider, it went floor to ceiling, about 12 feet high and four feet wide. It was about two inches thick. It was all over the place.  We have no clue as to what happened ( well, I have my suspicions, but nothing concrete).  The day moved on to it's usual round of stopped up toilets, non working air conditioning, Lizards in the water cooler- HUH?  Yep.  One of our branches had a ten inch alligator lizard trapped in the water cooler.  ( Yes I was singing  "Alligator lizard in the branch" I got into on the America Fans web page a few years ago, with someone who INSISTED that there was NO SUCH THING as an Alligator lizard and the song refereed to pieces of tire flying in the air.  uh-huh...) My final "official" phone call of the day went something like this.  Hi , I am looking over your A&I requests and about your garbage disposal..."  (Staff reply)  Pause...  " a garbage disposal is a machine you put under the sink that gets rid of..."  ( Me)  I KNOW what a garbage disposal is, I wanted to see if you had tried to reset it, or if it's really dead.  It's not an A&I anyway"   (Staff) "oh"  ( she had been working WAY too hard!)  Unofficially, my last phone calls of the day were taken in my kitchen as we tried to get someone out to work on a broken lock at one of the branches.  This was about 9:30 last night.  We got it done.

I have an interesting job.

2 comments:

  1. Who knew? Maybe if I'd read this I would have had a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass where?! Don't say the word glass to me! *laughing*

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!