Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sleep

I think sleep is wildly unappreciated. I know I used to take it for granted that I would tuck up under the blanket and fall fast asleep and not wake up until morning.  Not the case anymore, sad to say.  I have been trying to figure out the cause, so I can get a decent night's rest.  Nothing is worse than having the alarm go off and feeling like I haven't slept at all. Sometimes I think I am more tired than if I hadn't been to bed at all and wonder if I should not just have stayed up all night doing something productive.  The cycle of  asleep-awake- asleep-awake is more tiring than no sleep at all sometimes.  I am Miss Cranky Pants when I am tired.  I like sleep.  I love a nap in the afternoon, or getting under the covers on a cold night and feeling the warm drowsy feeling take over me.  I saw a t-shirt that said something like "I want to take all the naps I missed as a toddler"  I don't think I missed any naps.  I think I got an "A " in nap.  My dad said that I would take myself off to bed when I was tired no matter what was going on- unlike my sister who would stay up as long as humanly possible.

So why is it so hard to sleep when you reach a "certain vintage'?  Menopause?  Stress?   Worry?  In my case, probably all of the above coupled with a recent vehement return of my asthma issues.  Shoot. I am working on it.  Back on qvar and last night I FINALLY got a full night's rest.  Ready to go out and have some fun today!   If you are in the neighborhood, drop by the Pacoima Library  13605 Van Nuys Bl (at  Haddon)  at 1 pm to hear my friend Shawn Ishimoto perform.  He's an amazing one-man show.  There MAY be some hula dancers as well.  See you there.

1 comment:

Comment Away, but please be respectful!