Monday, October 29, 2012

Off track

Well, I am off track for posting my promised writing due to a very busy week, where I traveled almost 1,000 miles.  YUCK.  I don't want to be in the car again for a long time, but I will be making the trek AGAIN this week to make one last round. 

I am thinking about Hurricane Sandy and all those in her path. The storm is massive.  I have never been in a hurricane, but what I am seeing here makes Katrina look like a picnic.  This is going to be bad.  I know that the President has already begun to make plans for emergency relief and help for those Americans caught in harms way.  You can prepare as much as you think you should, but sometimes the force of nature is much rougher than you anticipate.  The Republicans will probably attack Obama for his actions- whatever they are, they are going to whine about him being wrong.  Either he will have responded to quickly, or too slowly, or with too much aid or not enough aid. Watch.  As my father used to say "you can't win for losing" There will be very little pulling together in a time of crisis.  National disasters should unite us, not divide us.  Send prayers and good thoughts to those who are riding the storm out.  May they be safe from harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!