Sunday, November 10, 2013

Art in my community

I attended the River Rock Arts Colony exhibit opening at Modest Fly Art Gallery last evening.  I am thankful to live that I live in a community that is filled with artists.  The exhibit was interesting and inspiring.  It was lovely to see so many people turn out for the event.  The small exhibit space was jam packed with people.  We were graced by the presence of The Oldest Rock In Sunland Tujunga, who made a rare appearance in the Community.  I hope there were a LOT of sales as part of last evening benefited McGroarty Arts Center.  I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful art colony in our community.

Regarding yesterday's post about Zarkana, if forgot to mention this.  How RUDE is it to show up halfway through the performance and not hurry to your seat?  People came in VERY late and because there was no discernible pause in the show were SEATED during the performance.  There ought to be a rule.  If you are more than 10 minutes late, you don't get seated.  I was annoyed at a very LARGE group of people who had obviously been having too much fun in the cocktail lounge to make the show on time.  Why yes, the world DOES revolve around you.

I bought some artist reproduction note card at the event last evening which are nice for framing and putting in my cube at work.  I need some new art in my cubicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!