Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday morning

I am on my second cup of joe this morning and I will probably have more.  I love my morning joe.

We had a full house for last night's "Thanks and Giving" event for McGroarty Arts Center.  There wasn't a seat to be had and it was nice to see so many people who had never been tot he Center before.  I wound up helping to tend bar, which I usually do.    People had a good time and I HOPE we raised a lot of much needed funds for the Center.  I know people will be back and we did raise awareness of  the place, in any case.  Save December 7 for the chili bowl/holiday boutique.  I am making my world famous chili ;)

Went to class yesterday morning and yes they DID give us real food for breakfast.  Good thing.  The topics are vital for Stewards to understand, but FOUR HOURS of training reminded me that I haven't been a student since 1980!  UGH.  One of my peers looked like he fell asleep during the last half hour!  Good information, just too much of it at one time, I suppose.

I have my work cut out for me today.  I have to start getting the house ready for the holidays.  They really snuck up on me this year.  Next week is our anniversary, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas.  Where did the year go?

I am thankful for an evening at McGroarty with friends old and new.  We had a "special guest" in the form of John McGroarty ( wonderfully possessing the body of local actor and all around nice guy Joe DeCenzo) Great job, Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!