Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Fluffy thoughts

I am trying NOT to write here about the Impeachment  Trial, except to say the American public has a lot of people who slept during Government class.  HE has BEEN impeached by the House. Done.  This trial is for his REMOVAL from office and as long as the Republicans on the Senate act like fictional ostriches and continue to stick their heads in the sand, we will NEVER see justice.


Ok.

Rant over.

 Last night, Chris took me to Coco's for dinner.  It's one of the few places in town for decent food.  I ordered a coconut cream pie for dessert.  As I was eating it, I said to Chris, "didn't you find it funny that Maryann was always baking coconut cream pies on Gilligan's Island?"   We both started wondering about the show.  It was probably one of the DUMBEST shows of the 60's  So here , in no particular order are the things that make it SO illogical  ( I was not a big fan, as I recall, but there were three channels and my parent's watched it.  We had ONE TV, if you wanted to watch , you watched what THEY were watching.)

1-  How uncharted are the waters around Hawaii?
2- The rescue mission wan't much and considered Mr Howell was one of the wealthiest people in the country, you would think they would have mounted a more serious effort
3-If they were just on a tour boat why did they have all their clothes with them?
4- they were often visited by other people.  Why did no one help them get off the island?
5-They could build complex huts and structures and have some sort of lighting. They had a working radio which never ran out of  batteries, but they couldn't fix a HOLE in the boat?
6-where did they get the food supply, specifically the CREAM for  the pie ( not to mention the flour , butter and eggs.)  Was there a secret farm?

Television in the 60's was silly.  Things seemed simpler, but maybe because I was a kid, but it just does.   

I wonder if we can get Trump and his family to take a "three hour tour" with the Skipper???

1 comment:

  1. I still, if pressed, cannot tell you which was Ginger and which was Mary Ann.
    If yo ever want to see a very "different" side of Lovey, watch Jeff Chandler and Joan Crawford in "Female on the Beach," (ca. 1955-57?) where Lovey is his pimp. Yes, really.
    Tom
    P.S. The Coco's right near me CLOSED!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!