Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday morning off on a tangent

I like Saturday mornings or Friday nights much more than Sunday morning.  I guess I see the end of the weekend looming toward me and it makes me sad.

I didn't get a darn thing done yesterday.

My Union had  their annual "Holiday Party" which is the largest charity event we do.  My Union has an Outreach committee (  I'm a member) and we do a lot of charity based work, which unfortunately is mostly focused on feeding people in homeless shelters.  I say unfortunately because homelessness is such a huge problem in Los Angeles; rents are too high, wages are too low and drugs are everywhere.  Homelessness has been criminalized by some people, and they like to blame everything on the "transients" in the area.   

I don't know what can be done, but something has got to give.

In the meantime, I am thinking about getting more information out to our members about the charitable work that is done on their behalf by a core group of people.  It's always the same ones.  I am going to work toward an information campaign, asking people to volunteer and to suggest worthy causes.  There are a lot of small charities and non profits who could use a little help these days.

What's YOUR favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I always send money to animal charities, especially the smaller, local ones. Those poor creatures have NO ONE but else to help them.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!