Sunday, January 5, 2020

"resolutions"

Every year, we sit around on New Yer's Eve or New Years Day, resolving to change.  Almost never happens in the degree that we wish it to. 

Years ago, I read a book in which they family was making resolutions for each other.  the one brother- who was probably autistic was given  "Pleas ( that was his name) resolves to be happy"

I think that's a good resolution, and one I will try to keep.

I resolve to remember that there is balance in the world, that I can't save everyone and that sometimes the answer to my prayers is "no"

I do want to get my house in order.  I have about  two years before I plan to move, so THAT should give me enough time to get rid of everything and neaten up a little.

It's the 'neaten up" that takes time.   I will be working on one box at a time, tossing, recycling , donating and shredding.  I swear I will be kinder to my shredder.  Yesterday I broke it, but Chris was able to fix it.  Great having a guy who's so handy!

The VietNam Veterans come to your house and pick up the stuff you can't use anymore.  SMALL items.  but they are listed as a very responsible charity so it's a win-win.

Every year I get things that will "help me organize"  Now if I can only find the BOX I put that stuff into, I can get started.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes, along with losing a lot of weight, being more financially responsible, and being just nicer, one of my yearly resolutions is to clean up the damn house! I did the garage this past summer- can that count?
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!